- Take advantage of free breakfasts if your hotel, inn, or B&B offers them.
- Many pubs serve lunches for less than £12; most restaurants offer cheap lunch or pretheater deals.
- Make one meal a prepared sandwich from a bakery or sandwich shop.
- Carry your own tap water.
- In the larger cities, consider staying in a house or apartment.
- Outside the cities, stay in a B&B or small guesthouse.
- Check the websites of major chains for deals.
- Ask about family tickets at major sights.
- Spend time in the free national museums.
- Check out sightseeing passes such as the Explorer Pass from Historic Scotland.
- Use the exceptional public transportation system.
BACK TO SCOTLAND